Now and then, we struggle with stains and mess with our appliances. And it becomes all the more difficult when you have to deal with electric devices.
A toaster oven is one such appliance that has exhilarated and made our mornings extremely easy, but when it comes to its maintenance and cleaning, people often get confused with that.
People often do not know how to clean a toaster oven, due to which they sometimes take the wrong direction.
You certainly cannot put a toaster in the sink or put it in a dishwasher because it has electrical parts. So how to clean a toaster oven?
Cleanliness of the kitchen appliances is vital because it shows a healthy lifestyle.
If you haven’t cleaned your toaster or do not know the right way, then you must be wondering about easy clean toaster ways.
Read on, you’ll get to know. In this article, we will share a complete guide related to the cleanliness of the toaster in a combined and separate way. So let’s start.
Things you Need for Cleaning Toaster Oven
- 1 Things you Need for Cleaning Toaster Oven
- 2 How to Clean the Inside of Toaster Oven
- 3 How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray
- 4 How Many Times Should You Clean Toaster Oven?
- 5 How to Clean a Toaster Oven Glass Door?
- 6 Few Tips on How to Clean Toaster
- 7 Why Should You Not Prefer Chemicals for Cleaning the Toaster?
- 8 Sum up
If you think of cleaning a toaster oven, you will have to spend a lot of money, then you’re mistaken.
There is no need to have fancy toasted cleaners or chemicals for you to clean your toaster oven.
The help of the small things you have at your home can help you clean your toaster oven. You can find everything you need in the drawers of your home.
You only require the following things to clean a toaster oven.
- Gentle sponge
- Microfiber cloth or any other soft towel
- Baking soda
That’s it. These are the only things that you need for cleaning your toaster oven.
The most important thing you have to note while cleaning a toaster oven is not using water too much or any other liquid.
For better results only use the quantity that we have listed in the steps.
How to Clean the Inside of Toaster Oven
Cleaning the toaster oven inside can be a little tricky because you cannot correctly reach every part of the toaster oven.
And even if you do, you cannot use harmful chemicals that can ruin the base of your toaster.
Many of you must have heard about baking soda and how it can be used for cleaning utensils and electric appliances.
If you also want to know how to clean a toaster oven with baking soda, keep reading the following steps.
Along with baking soda, you can also use vinegar for better results.
Steps to Clean Toaster Oven by Baking Soda
- Remove the parts of the toaster oven that can be removed. Before starting with the cleaning process, make sure that you keep a cloth or newspaper under the oven to make a mess.
- In a cup, mix two or three tablespoons of water and a half cup of baking soda. Whisk the mixture until you have a good and relatively thick paste.
- Spread the pace with your fingers on the insides of the toaster oven. It would be best if you didn’t use your bare fingers to clean it. Always wear gloves or plastic coverings.
- Apply the paste on all the parts in the front and the back but do not put the paste on the heating elements if you have an electric toaster.
- When you have evenly spread the paste on all the parts, leave the oven for around 10 to 11 hours.
- After almost 11 hours, use a cloth to remove the paste and clean the toaster properly. If you still have spots or sticky material on the oven, you can use a wet sponge to get rid of it.
Now, this was for how to clean a toaster inside, but what about the removable parts?
Now you’re thinking about how to clean the toaster oven tray then; for that, you will again have to take the help of the baking soda, but this time with vinegar.
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray
- Take the removable parts and put them in the sink or slap, wherever you feel convenient.
- Put the baking soda on the racks and tray and then put the vinegar from the top. Once we put the vinegar from the top of the baking soda, foams will start to form.
- The next step is to cover the drainage hole and put the hot water in the sink. Ensure that the drainage hole is blocked entirely so that water remains on the tray and other removable parts of the toaster oven.
- Let the tray and other parts soak in the water for 10 to 11 hours.
- After the required hours, repeat the same step as you have done with the inside of the toaster oven. With the help of a cloth, clean that area and for removing the greasy spots, you can use the sponge or scrub.
- Run them through the water once and put them to dry. Once the racks and trays have dried out, you can put them back in the toaster. It’s done!
You might wonder how to clean a toaster oven glass door and clean the stainless steel toaster properly.
The following steps are for that. Many of us have a Chrome or stainless steel toaster, which cannot be cleaned in a similar form like make clean regular toaster ovens.
If you follow the below steps, you can have a bright new stainless steel toaster at your home.
How to Clean Toaster Oven thoroughly?
- Unplug the toaster oven.
- Take out all the trays and racks.
- Before putting or using any solution, remove the crumbs of the food in the toaster oven.
- Carefully use the mixtures you made and avoid putting them on the heating and electric elements.
- After wiping it with the mixture, use a dry cloth for the extra touch.
- Follow the separate guidelines for cleaning the inside of the toaster oven properly and cleaning the trays and racks.
Note: Do not use the toaster oven when it is wet.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Toaster
For this process, you will require white vinegar. White vinegar is known best for cleaning stainless steel appliances efficiently. You can conveniently remove sticky stains from the outer surface of your toaster using it.
- Mix one tablespoon of vinegar and one tablespoon of water.
- Take a cloth and make it wet with a mixture of vinegar and water.
- With the help of a cloth, wipe the exterior of your toaster and use a little force on those stubborn stains.
- Once you have wiped your toaster with the mixture of vinegar and water, leave it for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, take a clean cloth and wipe the toaster properly. All the stains will come out without any hassle.
- If you want, you can also polish your toaster oven with a microfiber cloth to give a new look.
How Many Times Should You Clean Toaster Oven?
Regular maintenance can help you keep up with the lifespan of kitchen appliances. On average, you can clean your toaster oven once every week properly with the help of homemade chemicals and mixtures.
Other than once-a-week full-fledged maintenance, you should also keep cleaning your oven with the help of a damp cloth every day after its use.
If you wait for the day in a week when you have to clean it, the food or the steam that it is on the toaster might get stubborn or even start to rot.
So it is always advisable to regularly clean the stubborn stains and the crumbs that might be there in the toaster oven after every usage.
For security, before using the toaster oven again, make sure that there is no food crumb inside the oven as it can lead to fire hazards or an electrical shock.
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Glass Door?
Now you know how to clean the insides of the toaster oven, but what about the outside? Most of the toasters have a glass door that needs special care.
For cleaning the glass door of a toaster oven, make sure that you do not use random cleaning products on it.
You cannot use the chemical that we use for cleaning other glasses on your toaster oven.
The most convenient way of cleaning a toaster oven glass door is to use a homemade mixture.
For cleaning the glass door of the toaster oven, all you need is vinegar, water and lemon. Let’s look at the steps:
- Take one tablespoon of vinegar to a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- With the help of a cloth, wipe this mixture on the glass door of the toaster.
- With the help of this mixture, you can have a shining glass door of a toaster oven.
Few Tips on How to Clean Toaster
Now you know how to clean the inside and outside of a toaster oven. Besides that, we have a few tips on cleaning a toaster oven properly for you.
Following the proper instructions and using suitable materials can save you a lot of time and risks.
Following the tips given below, you can never have any complications with your toaster oven regarding its maintenance.
- Do not always wait to clean your toaster once a week or once a month. After every use, you can clean it with the help of a dry cloth. It will save you a lot of time and will not leave the grease and stains on the toaster.
- Do not use your toaster oven as storage. Avoid putting things inside your toaster on the top of it as it can lead to a fire or the melting of the stored item.
- Do not use an oven cleaner to clean your toaster. The materials used for oven cleaners are not suitable for the toaster, and if you use it, your toaster might get corrosion and rust.
- To clean the inside of the toaster oven, always use a dry cloth instead of steel sponges. Steel sponges can often leave minor metals inside the oven that can lead to electric shock.
- Use of baking soda and vinegar is highly effective in comparison to other chemicals.
- Before using your toaster oven again, make sure no stain off chemical is there to cook your food correctly.
- Before putting in chemicals or starting with the cleaning process, unplug the toaster oven and do not start it until the toaster is completely dried up.
Why Should You Not Prefer Chemicals for Cleaning the Toaster?
The reason why you should use homemade mixtures instead of going for commercial products and chemicals because commercial products are not always suitable for kitchen appliances.
Indeed, they are made for kitchen appliances, but the harsh chemicals used for meeting those products can lead to rusting and complications in the toaster oven.
Using natural and homemade mixtures is relatively safe compared to commercial products because they do not have any side effects on your toaster oven.
We hope this guide was informative enough for you and you have got everything you need to know about how to clean a toaster.
The hygiene of the toaster oven is essential, and it should be the priority of every household. There are several other homemade mixtures that you can try in keeping your toaster oven clean.
You can experiment with different varieties like adding baking soda and lemon juice vinegar, lemon juice, etc. You can never go wrong with homemade mixtures.
If you find making mixtures on your own a little inconvenient, you can always go for the commercial products in the market for cleaning the toaster oven. But remember they are not always safe for your appliances.